An agreement in which an IT purchaser agrees to buy a new IT system, including some or all of the following elements: integration services, software, hardware, licence of intellectual property rights, and ongoing support and maintenance services.
There are several types of systems integration agreement:
- Turnkey without any software development
- Turnkey with some software development
- Assembly of components that have been purchased separately by the customer
- Integration of components that have been purchased separately by the customer, including some software modification or development
- Integration of new components with the customer’s existing system, which usually involves some software modification or development.