Public Guardian’s Notification of Application
Once the Public Guardian has determined that your LPA application is in order, the Public Guardian must notify as follows:
- if application is made by the Donor, the notice will be sent to the Donee (or Donees) [para. 6 of 1st Schedule of MCA]
- if application is made by the Donee (or Donees), the notice will be sent to the Donor (YOU), and/or other Donee(s) who did not join in the LPA Application [para. 7 of 1st Schedule of MCA]
The forms of notice is prescribed in regulation 12 of the MCR.
Waiting Period Prior to Registration – 6 Weeks
Upon service of notice(s) of the LPA Applications as in (a) and (b) above, the Public Guardian must register the LPA:
- within 6 weeks from the date of the aforesaid notice(s) [if more than one, all dated on same date];
- but if such notices (if more than one) were given on more than one date, the period of 6 weeks shall run from the latest of those dates.
- Source: reg. 11 of the MCR [subject to change/amendment]